Monday, March 27, 2006

Fear of Blogging


You know, when you think about it this blogging thing is a bit unnerving. I'm kind of a private person, even though I've lived something of a public life. But in public speaking and other such endeavors there is a kind of distance from others that you are able to control. You're playing off other people, measuring their responses, modulating your words as necessary. It's a dance, but you lead.




Here it's just me and a blank computer screen. That's a pretty intimate relationship as you try to move your amorphous collection of thoughts into words and phrases on a screen. You have no idea who will read them. You can't see their eyes. You can't adapt to their responses. It's kind of scary.




So we'll venture into these occasional musings with a modest set of expectations. I'll use it to help myself formulate a few ideas that I might use here and there. If I achieve that I'll call it good. Mission accomplished! No aircraft carrier needed.




If others find a kernel of a worthwhile idea that's a bonus. Thanks for reading. Maybe eventually I'll even be able to imagine a few eyes out there. And then a new dance will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment