Monday, September 08, 2014

Derek Jeter Day

image
I was glad to watch from the comfort of my home as Derek Jeter was honored at Yankee Stadium yesterday. He has been a fine player and he is a fine human being. I was glad to see the assemblage of athletes and celebrities who turned out to recognize him. I was glad to see him get a base hit on his first at bat. I was glad to hear the roar of the crowd who had watched him play his entire career in Yankee pinstripes. 
And most of all, I was glad to see my Kansas City Royals recognize Jeter by pasting the Yankees 2-0, and continuing their march to a playoffs that could very well include the Royals and exclude the Yankees. Now there is something to celebrate, eh Derek?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Grant! You are such a Royal's fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Margie, I may be but tonight's game is testing my long suffering but unwavering faithfulness as a fan. This drubbing hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrible, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete