Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ashley Naps, Royals Win

So, how does it get better than this......?

A beautiful little girl downs her bottle, does her obligatory burp, and then drops off to sleep nestled in my arms, just as the Royals game begins in HIGH DEFINITION. She sleeps peacefully, beautifully, in my arms for the ENTIRE game (won by the Royals 4-0).

I had no choice. I had to just sit there and watch the ballgame, unwilling to disturb her slumber. Once the game concluded she awoke with a multitude of smiles. They are continuing even now as she plays.

The only problem was that I had put a little plate of cheese, crackers, and chips on the table, just out of my reach. All I could do was stare at them the whole time because I didn't want to awaken her.

Ashley care is going great. She is a marvel. I love her very much.

And the Royals are undefeated since she was born.


7 comments:

  1. Hey! You really do sound like the proud grandpa. That's really cute. Ashley is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Margie. Yes, I'm probably being the annoying grandparent, but what's a guy to do? :-)

    These kissy kissy posts will surely end soon and we'll get back to dissecting the political stuff and dispatching the religious right to its proper outpost in eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be good too. So much is going on right now. We need to see the political stuff discussed too.

    But enjoy being a grandpa and a hero. That's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grant Grant where are you? I know your grandaughter is nice and all but COME ON. You haven't weighed in on the fantastic Jayhawks winning the greatest national championship game in a long time...you haven't weighed in on the PATHETIC debate on ABC last night. We NEED guidance here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can appreciate the sense of helplessness you must be experiencing in coping with the big issues of the day without my guidance. I shall try to shake off my granddaughter swoon and get back to saving humankind.

    I'm not sure that there's anything left to be said about the Jayhawks, but that ABC debate is a different matter.

    I've got a couple of rants simmering inside me and they will probably boil over this weekend. In the meantime just try to hang on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo Hoo............ this could be interesting. I would like to see more of the granddaughter. Ashley is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete